START YOUR JOURNEY HERE
One (1) student application for each student seeking admission ($125 application fee per applicant).
Copy of the student’s original birth certificate.
Written copy of the student’s immunization record signed by a physician or by the nurse of the student’s previous school.
Report Card/Test Scores
Copy of the student’s report cards, including the most current grades, and a minimum of two previous years’ standardized test results and school records
Church Recommendation Required for Preschool-Grade Twelve applicants
General Reference Required for Preschool applicants only
Current Administrator Recommendation Required for Kindergarten-Grade Twelve applicants
Teacher Recommendation(s) Required for Kindergarten-Grade Twelve applicants
Sixth through twelfth grade applicants are required to complete this form
DOWNLOAD APPLICATIONS HERE
Please review the Admissions policies and criteria for HCA students and families listed below. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
ADMISSIONS POLICY PREAMBLE
“Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.“
It is that type of growth that is encouraged in Academy students. HCA desires to see its students grow in wisdom, that as their knowledge increases so will their skill in using that knowledge. HCA desires to see them grow in stature, which speaks of health and wholeness as a direct blessing from God. HCA desires to see its students grow in favor with God as they are encouraged to live lives that are pleasing to their Creator. Lastly, HCA desires to see them grow in favor with men. This does not suggest a compromise to curry favor, but rather, lives that are so exemplary that they are a blessing to those around them.
The faculty and staff support the Academy families in promoting and praying for this growth in their children. The home, the school, and the church need to work together to this end, fostering like values in these young lives, complementing each other in the raising of each child.
- The parents and/or the High School student must be born-again, Bible-believing, Christ-honoring Christians. (An exception may be made when only one parent is a born-again believer provided the non-believing spouse agrees not to oppose the Biblical teaching of the Academy). The parents must declare in writing that they have accepted and continue to acknowledge, Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior (Student Application).
- Parents must state in writing that they agree with the school’s Doctrinal Statement, and both parents must agree to have their children educated in accord with it (Student Application).
- Parents must have read, agreed with, and signed the Statement of Parent or Guardian (Student Application).
- Parents and applicant (grades 6-12) will be interviewed separately by the Director of Admissions.
- All prospective kindergarten students must be five years old by October 1st of the school year that he/she is to start kindergarten.
- All prospective kindergarten students will be given a readiness test.
- All prospective students (grades 1-12) will be tested as follows:
- Students entering grades 1-5 will be given the BASIS Test (Basic Achievement Skills Individual Screener) and the Otis-Lennon School Ability Test.
- Students entering grades 6-8 will be given the the Otis-Lennon School Ability Test.
- Students entereing 9-12 will be given the Otis-Lennon School Ability Test and a Mathematics Placement test, based on the math level they have most recently completed.
- Students will be considered for admission if their achievement test scores fall into the fourth or higher stanine for Lower and Middle School students and the fifth or higher stanine for High School students. All students in grades 1-12 should have a school ability index of 95 or higher on the Otis-Lennon Test.
- Students will not be considered for admission to the twelfth grade unless the transfer is due to a major geographic move.
- In most cases decisions regarding admission of students to HCA will be based on the date the application is received by the Admissions Office along with all materials submitted, including the application fee. Siblings of current HCA students have priority over prospective students in the wait pool.
- The Admissions Committee will determine the admissibility of a student based upon the information forwarded to the Committee and the interviews.
- The Admissions Committee may deny admittance to a student with severe academic, disciplinary, or psychological needs as HCA does not, at this time, have the resources to adequately provide proper education regarding these specialized needs. Any nondisclosure of pertinent information pertaining to these stated areas may result in forfeiture of enrollment.
- Acceptance or rejection of applicants will be by written notification. All decisions of the Admissions Committee are final.
- The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origins in the administration of its admissions policies.
- Students in grades 6-12 who anticipate competing on an interscholastic athletic team must file with the Academy a Sports Physical Form completed after July 1 of the current year along with other documents. These forms can be obtained HERE.