Hawthorne Christian Academy is committed to inspire and equip our students to grow in spiritual maturity, to achieve academic excellence, and to impact the world for Christ.
At HCA, each faculty member believes that teaching is a calling. They are committed to guiding individual students in discovering new interests, developing and utilizing their talents, and deepening their faith in Jesus Christ. A small school with big opportunities allows for countless choices. A High School student digging into a post-AP Math class may also be performing in the school musical while playing a varsity sport. Most importantly, we provide every opportunity for students to grow in their Christian faith through Bible study, chapel, small groups, spiritual retreats, community service, mission trips, and much more.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
• We believe in the verbal inspiration of all the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, and that they are the final authority in faith and life.
• We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the virgin birth of Christ, and that He is true God and true man.
• We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, and that with His shed blood He obtained for us an eternal redemption.
• We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
• We believe in the personal, premillennial, imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the total depravity of all mankind, and in the necessity of regeneration.
• We believe that salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from works, and is possessed by all who have by faith received the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
• We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine Person and that He indwells all believers.
• We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.